Monday 27 February 2012

Just like the days of old

A few months ago, I heard about a pastor who was being prosecuted for declaring his faith in Iran. He is being charged with Apostasy, for renouncing his Muslim faith for Christianity.


His name is Yousef Nadarkhani. He is a father, husband and friend. I feel a sense of responsibility to pray for him just like the saints did for the apostles in the bible (Acts 12:5 – 11). The saints prayed and the Angel of God broke down the chains and set Peter free without the knowledge of the guards.

We can do the same now, that same power is available to us. Let's pray for him so that he won’t end up like Stephen. I read an article last night which is here and the author couldn’t have written a better charge to us Christians. We can’t stay silent; we can’t let this man die unjustly.  Please lets pray, God can do it, God WILL do it.

5 comments:

  1. This is as real as it gets. Denounce your faith or die. I pray for mercy. For God's will to be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! This is the reality of the world we live in. I pray he gets freed soon. That his angels will break down the walls of wherever he is kept. Thanks Gbemi for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you on that same power being available to us. the Bible even says "if my people who are called by my name will pray, I will hear them and I will answer from heaven". first time here and am following you. take time to visit my blog sometime soon. cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and the follow. I will follow you right back :-)

      Delete
  3. So sad hearing this story. My prayers are for him. God is definitely with him.



    Utah web designers

    ReplyDelete