Sunday 26 February 2012

My Billion Pound Business story



Paid employment will not make you a billionaire! I have been thinking of what business venture to start due to the harsh reality of these words. How long will I continue to work from 9 - 5? How long will I spend the best part of my days helping someone else grow their business? I am not saying it is wrong to work 9 - 5, but if I want to be a billionaire (which is my dream), then I have to start by building a business and making it grow.

I prayed to God, and he asked me the vital question "What is in your hands"? You see, I am a very good cook and my husband has been begging me for years to package my cooking and sell. He told me years ago to try baking and I refused. I thought to myself "why would I ever want to bake? There are too many people doing this already". 

Anyway, November last year after praying for years, I had to answer the question regarding what I have in my hands. The answer was my natural talent for cooking. Luckily for me my sister in-law came into town and offered to teach me how to bake (she has been baking professionally for 30 years!). We had our training session and she said I was a natural. 

I have since set-up a cupcake business which will be launching in March. I bake the yummiest, loveliest cupcakes you will ever eat. 

I will be posting my baking experiences and pictures here, so please come back to follow my billion pound business story and place your orders too (wink* wink*).

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!
    Amen to a billion pounds, one cupcake at a time. Best wishes!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Entrepreneurs who dream big achieve it! It’s true that owning a business is much better than being paid by an employer… But, a person can’t just start a business right away. He needs to have proper planning and capital… It’s never easy to start, but it’s worth tryin’ after all you’ve been through. Good luck!

    ~~Cameron Scott

    ReplyDelete