Saturday 4 February 2012

Decision making is not easy


The weight of the decisions we have to make is what distinguishes an adult from a kid. Also the higher you go in life either in your career or as a human being, the greater the decisions you have to make. The CEO of a company is entrusted with making KEY decisions that will affect numerous lives (his employees) while the president of a country is burdened with numerous decisions that could make or break a country (ask GEJ). 

As a wife and  parent, I have to make decisions that will ultimately affect my kid (s) and husband. Its not just about me any more. I (we)  have to decide on where to live as this will determine the school our kids attend. I  have to decide on my career and how it affects my work life balance. I (we) have to decide on the church we attend, I have to decide on the curtains for the rooms and the list goes on and on... 

The scale of the decisions vary and some decisions can be corrected if wrong the first time. For example, I can always buy another curtain if the first one I buy doesn't quite go well with the room but it would be much harder to change my kid's school if I enrol them in a crappy one (I would probably have to wait for another year).

I am faced with making some key decisions this year, and I can only pray to God to help me to make the right ones, cos these are make or break decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment